Teaching and learning is driven at The Brier School through an ambitious curriculum. It has been designed with the aim of developing the knowledge, skills and abilities of pupils allowing increasing fluency and independent application of what they know and can do. The curriculum delivers a creative and practical approach to teaching and learning that challenges the more able further in their learning and appropriately supports children who find aspects of their learning more difficult. This enables success to be experienced by all.
In order to comply with our duties outlined by the Equality Act 2010 and the Special Educational Needs and Disability Regulations 2014 we aim to:
- Ensure that the school’s curriculum is modified according to national requirements and is not detrimental to anyone regardless of race, gender, religion, disability, sexuality, gender realignment or beliefs.
- Maintain accessibility to the curriculum for everyone
In doing so, we keep each curriculum subject or area under review to ensure that teaching and learning reflect the following principles set out in our Public Sector Equality Duty:
- All learners are of equal value
- We recognise and respect difference
- We foster positive attitudes and relationships, and a shared sense of cohesion and belonging
- We aim to reduce and remove inequalities and barriers that already exist
Use the links below to find out about each curriculum area at The Brier School.
For more information about The Brier School curriculum please contact:
Mrs B Landon - Assistant Headteacher
Key Stage - EYFS KS1 Rainbow Pod.
Teaching & Learning & Curriculum, Line Management of: Maths, English, Phonics.
Please make contact via the school office:
Tel: 01384 816000 & 01384 812490