Post 16 / Careers
The Brier School – Careers, Education, Information, Advice and Guidance Policy 2022/2023
At The Brier School we strongly believe that good career guidance helps inspire students towards further study and enables them to make informed decisions whenever choices are open to them. It helps them to understand enough about the world of work to know what skills and qualifications they need to succeed. It is critical for social mobility because it helps open students’ eyes to careers, they may not have considered.
The Brier School is committed to providing a high-quality Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) programme to all students. In line with the statutory guidance produced by the Gatsby Benchmarks and the DFE, students receive appropriate and relevant careers advice embedded into the curriculum in addition to dedicated one-to-one opportunities and group work. CEIAG is incorporated into our curriculum to stimulate the interests of students and to inspire them to reach their full potential. The intent of the CEIAG curriculum at the Brier School is to:
- Support pupils to make informed decisions which are appropriate for them, giving them wherever possible, the chance to be part of their own transition and planning.
- Had a broad range of experiences related to the world of work as well as developing work related skills.
- Have direct access to Further Education possibilities with the potential to lead into different types of employment and career choices.
- Prepare pupils for the transition to life after school, learning to stay healthy and safe as well as experiencing being part of the wider community.
- Inspire and encourage pupils to develop themselves as individuals and live as independently as is possible.
- Develop personal characteristics such as social skills and to develop strategies which enable them to show good and effective communication, resilience and to have balanced proportionate responses to everyday workplace challenges and successes.
Application for Provider Access
Use the link below to view/download a copy of our Work Experience Policy, Provider Access Legislation Policy and Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance Policy.